Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Over a nice cup of coffee

I was able to meet my sister yesterday evening for coffee. I can't remember the last time it was just her and I. With having our family's to take care of and friends to keep in touch with, it's nearly impossible to step away. But for the first time in a long time we both stepped away from our evening responsibilities and mommy/wife titles and were able to take time and be just sisters.

I love the feeling of how comfortable and relaxed I am with her. She is a great person to talk to and definitely one to look up too. She always knows what to say and gives the best advice. We talked about a million different topics and laughed about the past. Even with all the changes in both our lives and everything that we have been through we still stick together and know that we can fall on each other even if it seems everyone else has walked away. The relationship I have with my sister, I try not to take for granted and feel as though she is more than just a sister but also a best friend.

We lost track of time yesterday evening and ended up talking for 3 hours. We could have talked for hours and hours if given the time. To me, I think how we make special time for our husbands and children we need to make time for us, our sister time. I feel blessed to have such a wise and thoughtful sister. I can’t wait until our next cup of coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! I am so glad you two are so close and make time for each other. Love you and look forward to your inspirational blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is so sweet. Sisters are the best! You two are lucky to have each other. I'm glad you took some time to chat with just the two of you. :)

    ReplyDelete