Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New way of thinking...

I joined my sister and some of her friends last night at church. The class that we all attended was called, A Girlfriend's Guide to Stress: Too Much Stress...Too Little Time! The class was about trying to manage stress while tackling life. Learning to prioritize your life so that stress is minimized and you life can be lived with intentionality and fullness. We took notes on things that stuck out to us. One of the things to help manage stress is to make a list. Whether you are a stay at home mom or a working mom, make list of things you need to do that day. Then put them in an order of importance. The teacher told us to do the worse assignment that we dread first. She put it like,” Eat your frogs first.” If you tackle the task that you stress about first, then what else is there to dread? When you get it over and done with, a weight seems to be lifted. As the lecture went on and we dicussed what causes stress, I was reminded that I try and do everything right. I don’t want to make any mistakes and I think that I am the only one that can accomplish certain things. This was a perfect example of how you get overwhelmed and stress. All of these are the wrong way to go about your life. You cannot do everything right, you will make mistakes, and you can ask for help. I am starting a new day and trying to apply what I have learned to my life. My sister and I decided we would get together every morning and discuss a scripture that applies to what we are feeling, or want to talk about, or questions we have and talk to each other. I will struggle with my new start but having my sister for her help and guidance will make the journey a little more enjoyable.

3 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful person. You are always doing what's best for everyone else, but sometimes forget about yourself! I love what you said, "You cannot do everything right, you will make mistakes, and you can ask for help." That is the perfect motto to come back to! I will do whatever I can to help you along the way! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I just have to remember that lol I know you will always be there for me. I will do the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, You are such an amazing person. I will always be there to help in in any way I can. You have so many people that adore you and would do anything for you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete